The NOVA Optical Infrared instrumentation Group at ASTRON develops astronomical instruments of world class. The Head of the group manages a team of 25 highly skilled professionals on a daily basis. The head is assisted by a program manager as part of a matrix organisation. The head of this group reports to the Executive director of NOVA.
Head Optical Infrared Group NOVA
The head of the Optical Infrared Group is responsible for the people in the group located at ASTRON in Dwingeloo. One of the main tasks is the strategic HR management (monitoring the personnel allocation to projects, monitoring the development and evaluation of the people) leading to the optimal running of the group. The head is also responsible for the annual financial results of the group and monitoring the budgets for the group. Improving the professionalization of the “project office” (tools for support, improving efficiency and employability). Furthermore all health and safety procedures meaning maintaining of policies and procedures concerning the group.
NOVA/ASTRON strives to be an attractive workplace for all individuals irrespective of race, gender, ability or any other points of difference. Improving staff diversity is an important topic. Applications from women and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged.
- A master’s degree in engineering, physics, astronomy or equivalent experience.
- Preferably experience and insight in optical-infrared astronomy and the connected technologies.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in leading projectteams consisting of highly skilled professionals within a high-tech environment.
- Experience in strategic HR management both in writing plans and executing these.
- Experience in setting (project) budgets and monitoring these.
- Experience in handling opposite internal and external interests.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills in English and Dutch.
Competences and skills:
- Empathic and positive
- Result driven
- Decisive and convincing.
- We offer a contract for two years for 32 hours per week, with a possibility to change into an indefinite contract after these two years.
- Besides a pleasant and challenging work environment we have a good package of benefits like a pension plan, group discounts on individual insurances and travel expenses.
- We offer flexible conditions of employment, tailored to your personal situation.
- We offer generous relocation expenses and support with finding accommodation.
The NOVA Optical Infrared Instrumentation group at ASTRON in Dwingeloo is responsible for the development of optical and infrared astronomical instrumentation for telescopes at major international observatories. Our primary goal for the upcoming years is designing, building and testing various instruments for the E-ELT.
The working location will be in Dwingeloo with the NOVA OIR group.
For more information about NOVA at ASTRON check our website www.astron.nl/nova. For more information about this vacancy please contact: Diana Verweij, head of Human Resources, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31-521 595100.
Please apply for this job via the ‘Apply now’ button below. Candidates will be considered until the position has been filled. Internal and external recruiting will be executed in parallel. The first closing date will be: May 10, 2019.